This month, we welcome Dr. Aaron Aday for an overview on polyvascular disease. Dr. Aday is currently an investigator in the Vanderbilt Translational and Clinical Cardiovascular Research Center at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he also practices cardiology and vascular medicine. His research interests include the epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of peripheral artery disease. He is also a vascular medicine advisor on NATF’s Medical Advisory Board.
In this webinar, Dr. Aday addresses the following questions:
- What is polyvascular disease?
- How does polyvascular disease affect your health?
- How do you know if you have polyvascular disease?
- What are some available treatments for polyvascular disease?
- Polyvascular disease refers to atherosclerosis/thrombosis in 2 or more major arteries
- Patients with polyvascular disease are at greater risk of heart attack, stroke, leg blockages, and death
- Patients with polyvascular disease may benefit from more aggressive medications to reduce this risk